Pokémon GO, a blockbuster reality game, is gaining a lot of popularity all over the world.
With this easy-to-follow guide, we will help you get started and enjoy playing it without getting out of your comfort zone. It is true that many Pokémon GO players have been into dangerous situations because of this game, but you don’t need to worry about this because you will be able to explore every corner of the world from the comfort of your couch.
As long as you have a PC running Windows and you are determined to get started, get ready to join all the other gamers and collect plenty of Pokémons. Even though Pokemon is not normally available for the PC, you can do this thanks to the many gba pokemon roms available for the Windows platform.
Before getting into action, you must know that GPS spoofing is needed. This technique breaks the Terms of Service of Nintendo. You need to use it with caution and at your own risk, as you will be exposed to getting temporarily or permanently banned from the game.
First of all, to play Pokémon GO on your PC, you need to root your device. During this process, every step is safe; there is no need to worry about breaking your device. Here is a list of the requirements that you need to have at the beginning of this procedure:
- KingRoot, an excellent tool for Rooting Android devices.
- FakeGPS to spoof your location
- BlueStacks, the most famous Android emulator, for Windows 7 or later (the game may not work with the Windows 10 version)
- Lucky Patcher to modify the application permissions
- Windows PC with admin rights for software installation
- Pokémon GO (duh!)
Here you got all the necessary tools and requirements to run this fascinating game on your PC. However, you need to make sure to be ready to use the game before installing and playing it. If not, you may find some difficulty playing it as it won’t run properly.
To make the process easier, it is better to put all the downloaded files in one single folder, that will undoubtedly save you a lot of time. Now that you are determined to play Pokémon GO on your PC, follow the next simple instructions carefully to avoid any inconveniences or hassles
Setting Everything Up
Install the Emulator
Install the Android emulator BlueStacks and connect to your google account. Now you are ready to use your PC as a fully functional Android device.
Take Care of the Rooting Process
Download KingRoot APK and install it. With this powerful tool, you will gain full access and have admin rights for greater customization.
Here is the link where you can download the app: https://kingroot.net.
To install KingRoot, follow these steps:
- Open BlueStacks then click on the APK symbol. Once you open the APK, the installation should begin.
- Run the app then click on “Try It”.
- Click on “Optimize Now” while the app is running and before closing it.
That’s it. Now you have a rooted device, and you don’t need to rerun KingRoot.
Restart the Emulator
Now, you need to restart the emulator. To do so, look for a cogwheel on the top-right corner and click on it. A list will pop-up, where you need to choose “Restart Android Plugin”, and the process will begin. This step is easy, yet crucial, as you will need to restart BlueStacks more often in the future.
Spoof the GPS
- On the left of the side of the Android emulator, there is a sidebar. Look for a folder icon and click on it. Next, run FakeGPS. It will be copied to BlueStacks right away.
- Lucky patcher is an essential app that will help you gain full access to any app permissions. Once installed, run the app. For first time users, a pop-up will show, and you need to click on “Allow” to gain access. Now, search for Rebuild and Install option at the bottom right.
- To install Lucky Patcher and be able to run it, follow the same steps shown in step 2 for installing KingRoot. To make it simpler, on the left-hand side of the emulator window, click on “APK” then select the dedicated APK file on your device. Once selected, the installation should begin. Then, run the app and click on Allow to grant the app access. That is how you give root access to Lucky Patcher. This procedure should be done once at the first time running the app.
- Next, here are the steps you
need to follow to install FakeGPS as a system application:
- Browse to SD Card> Windows> BstSharedFolder
- Look for the dedicated APK and click on it.
- Once installed, make sure to restart BlueStacks before taking any changes.
- Now, we will work on setting the location. To get excellent results, we are looking for High Accuracy location mode. Before making any changes, make sure to turn off the Windows Location Service to avoid any possible issues with the Android emulator. If you have a problem setting it off, go to Settings (you can find Settings on Start Menu or click on Windows key+ I) click on Privacy then choose Location. To disable the service, change the location option to OFF.
- Run Lucky Patcher then look for FakeGPS in the apps list. To make sure it is a system app, click on Filters on the Search bar, check System Apps option then click on Apply. Before using FakeGPS, read the instructions. That will help you to use the app correctly.
- To use FakeGPS, click on the three-dotted button on the top-right corner then choose Settings> Expert mode. A warning message will pop-up, read it then click OK.
- Next, click on the back arrow located on the top-left corner. A map will show up, and you will be able to pin your location anywhere you want. It is suitable to choose an area with a high-density population, or you can select your favorite place from all around the world. Now, you are ready to spoof your location by choosing Save.
It’s Time to Play!
Once you have done all the previous steps properly, you should be able to play the game with no issues. It is easy to setup Pokémon GO. It is like running an app on your Android or iOS device. If your Pokémon GO account is linked to your google account, you will be able to load any previously set up app just by logging in to Google.
Once you launch the game, you will be able to play in your preferred fake location. A significant notice is that you need to follow step 6 again every time you restart BlueStacks. Also, you have the freedom to change your fake location whenever you want. So, get ready to catch ‘em all!
During the game, make sure to turn on the augmented reality or AR mode because the camera fails once the first Pokémon is caught if you don’t do so. Just click on YES, and you will find your favorite Pokémon floating in the virtual space. You can use the touch screen to throw the Poke balls.
How to Troubleshoot Common Issues
If you are facing any problems during the setup of this AR game, check this troubleshooting to solve any possible problem:
- Turn OFF the Location Mode on your Windows PC.
- Change to a new fake location when you run FakeGPS.
- Restarting BlueStacks can be useful to solve some problems.
- Turn OFF location history on BlueStacks while High Accuracy mode is still ON.
- Choose a registered location on your device, which you have visited before.
- Make sure that Expert Mode is ON in FakeGPS app.
It is true that Pokémon GO doesn’t exist on the Windows Store. However, it’s not impossible to run this game on a Windows PC.
A petition has been created to urge Nintendo to build this fantastic AR game on Windows 10. It has reached 25,000 votes so far and still counting. You don’t need to wait longer to play your favorite game on your PC. Just follow the steps above and get ready to merge with the fascinating virtual world of Pokémon GO.